Kitchen Fire Causes Extreme Smoke Damage
Smoke Damaged Home in Beautiful New Caney Home
This New Caney home was damaged badly after a grease fire started in the kitchen. Grease fires are one of the worst fires as it usually means there is some sort of meat frying. The grease jumped catching the cabinets and wood floor on fire which caused the entire home to be covered end to end in smoke and soot.
The first picture shows one of the back rooms which was farthest away from the kitchen and the amount of soot left on the walls. The burned meat permeated the building materials which was going to cost a lot to clean and deodorize.
After a long conversation with the homeowners and insurance adjuster we calculated the cost of cleaning to and deodorization to be more than demolition and put back.
On the bright side SERVPRO of The Woodlands/Conroe was hired to do the spring cleaning this year.